Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bonefish Grill: A Healthy Review

Last weekend, my family selected Bonefish Grill (on Forest Drive in Columbia) for a birthday dinner, and having not eaten there in years, I was thoroughly impressed! I did not choose to eat all healthy menu items, but there were a ton of healthy seafood dishes, including many different types of fish served with your choice of sauce.

The first food I loved was the house salad. The dressing was light and delicious! And it had what looked like large sunflower seeds with a tasty, strong flavor. It also had a small slice of heart of palm, which was an unexpected, nice touch.

We ordered our usual calamari, which is a family favorite appetizer and one we like to taste at many restaurants. It was good enough that even my 3-year-old liked it more than his mac and cheese.

The bread served with olive oil and seasoning was perfect: warm, toasty on the outside, soft on the inside. Having eaten so much already, I ordered a small appetizer for my entree, which was the best food I have tasted in the past year. Bacon-wrapped scallops served with mango salsa. The scallops were cooked to perfection, the bacon added the crunch and smoky flavor, and the salsa was the ideal complement to the delicious duo.

My husband ordered salmon with a side of cheesy potatoes, both of which I tried and truly enjoyed. The serving sizes were larger than fine dining, of which my husband usually leaves hungry. He was actually so full that he gave me the last several bites of his meal.

The atmosphere is like fine dining but more casual. The prices are mid-range, with most seafood entrees ranging from around $15 to around $25. It is a beautiful choice for a romantic evening or any range of casual to formal dinners. So the next time you want to go out for a healthy dinner or special occasion, I highly recommend Bonefish Grill!

No comments:

Post a Comment