Sunday, January 15, 2012

Overweight Excuses

This does not apply to everyone, so please do not be offended or become anorexic.

So you are OVERWEIGHT, and you have been for some time now. You may have been able to lose some weight in the past, but lately you just can't. And you wonder why. We all make excuses for why we overeat, eat the wrong foods or do not exercise. I am the first to admit that. So let's look at some common excuses for being OVERWEIGHT.

1. "I don't have time to exercise."  That is why you have not lost weight! Make time!
2. "I don't have money to join a gym."  Then exercise at home or start walking!
3. "I don't have money to eat healthy foods."  Then take money from your unhealthy food budget and allot it to your health. Chicken breast costs less per pound than most cuts of beef.
4. "I am too busy with all my children to exercise." Then exercise together with them. Teach them the importance of healthy living.
5. "I work all the time."  Then exercise during every 5-10 minute break you get.
6. "I don't know how to lose weight."  There are a ton of free resources out there. Start online or at the library.
7. "I like to eat junk food."  If you want to lose weight, you must decrease the volume of junk food you consume.
8. "I don't have time to cook."  Then buy lots of salads. They take less than 5 minutes to prepare.
9. "Diets don't work for me."  Then stop dieting and start learning about a healthy, active lifestyle.
10. "My entire family is overweight."  Then be the first to start a healthy lifestyle. Then you can teach others!
11. "I am big-boned."  Have you ever watched Biggest Loser? Even "big-boned" individuals can go from 250 lbs to 150 lbs.


It takes a lot of hard work and difficult (but healthy) choices in order to lose weight, but the first step is to stop making excuses. You CAN do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment